£0 per salary
Service & Installation Engineer
Job Objective - To Service, repair and Installation of Dustcheck, Filtermist, Absolent and other similar extraction units.
The following list is not exhaustive and may be varied or added to from time to time.
1. Installation and Service
- Service and repair units already in the field, including dust units, centrifugal filters, media filters and electrostatic filters.
- Installation and reinstallation of extraction units to the standards set by the company.
- Carry out risk assessment before commencement of work.
- To ensure that all demonstration, training and monitoring activities, as required by the Company are carried out and recorded.
- All documentation to be completed and returned to the appropriate department within agreed time-scales.
- Maintaining stocks of standard parts and spare parts on the service/installation vehicles.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment used are maintained in good working order.
2. Health & Safety
- To observe and practice all Health & Safety Regulations issued by the company, and those of the companies in which you work.
- To observe environmental issues with regard to bagging and labelling of waste materials.
- To represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- To ensure that service vehicles are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy condition and comply with the “Company Vehicle Standards” as published.
4. Special Consideration
- If the location of the customer’s premises is of a sufficient distance, it may be necessary to stay overnight in that vicinity, to afford optimum use to be made of the time available in order to finish the job, or to travel to the next place of work.This may require up to 4 overnight stays per week on a regular basis
5. Typical Skills/Experience as follows
The job would suit a time served LEV engineer with experience of duct fitting, and a good understanding of dust and fume extraction principles with a P601 qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferable,
- Ability to work consistently and to high standards at all times.
- Must be able to self-motivate and use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels in this customer facing role.
- Basic knowledge of electrics would be advantageous.
- Harness & Lanyard
- Working at Heights
- Lone Working
- Face Fit Seal Testing
- IPAF License
- Pasma certificate