£0 per salary
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design, implementation and commissioning of S7 based Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications predominantly in the Nuclear industry. The candidate should have proven experience in S7 Systems, ideally supported by Siemens certification/training.
• Development of control system design and options from customer requirements
• Provide design input to development of system wide generics
• S7 programming of control systems (within TIA Portal) from given designs
• Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
• Working within project team to customer deadlines
• Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
• In depth knowledge of S7 system design (TIA Portal & S7-1500 PLCs)
• Knowledge of Profibus DP/Profinet networks
• Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
• Must have significant experience of working in the Nuclear Industry
• Must be SC cleared
• Minimum 5 years’ experience to fulfil requirements of this post.
• Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
• Willingness to travel and work away when required
• Driving licence
• IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
• IEC61508 Safety Systems
• Integration of the Multi-PLC systems
• Commissioning experience with S7 systems
• Experience of working in the Power Generation Industry.
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
• Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Have good communication skills
• Be flexible in working methods