£0 per salary
Salary depending on experience
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management, planning, procurement, execution of a project, ensuring a consistent approach to customer service. The Project Manager has to determine and fulfil the exact needs of the client, based on the requirements & knowledge of the organization they are representing. The project manager is to be the first point of contact for any project related issues or discrepancies arising at working levels within BIL before it is escalated to higher authorities. A project manager must maintain overall project progress, cross functional interaction and tasks of various parties to reduce the overall project risk, identify opportunities, maximizes benefits, and minimize costs within the respective projects/ program/ portfolio.
- Manage cross functional projects using a BIL project management framework with leadership and commitment, to ensure the project target goals are achieved.
- Generate a good working relationship with cross functional stakeholders, the board of management and the clients.
- Support the department/ company in management activities:
-Department presentations etc.
- Support/ lead department strategic projects (if any)
- Identify commercial, technical, schedule and contractual changes on the project(s); assess the risks and effectively manage the change process to achieve - project and in-turn the business targets
- Ensure that the appropriate project progress reports are generated in accordance to the client’s procedures and contractual requirements
- Coordinate and support internal/external workshops to achieve project goals
- Support the department by generating new or changing existing processes to make the department more efficient, by assisting the responsible Director and Head of Projects to achieve on-going growth, development and profitability of the business.
- Support and motivate project team members in challenging discussions
- Have competent understanding and use of project management methods and tools:
- Work Packages, Work Breakdown Structure etc.
- Degree or HND in Mechanical and Production Biased Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience handling major projects/ contracts.
- Experience of dealing with clients operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Formal Project Management qualification.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management.
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools.
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Exposure to Defence related contract environment.
- Experience of NEC3 or similar contract types.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk & change management.
- Proficient in Project Management software, primarily MS Project.
- High exposure to client interfaces & client management experience.
- Security Clearance (SC minimum), or able to achieve clearance.