£0 per salary
The Project Engineer is responsible for the preparation, scheduling, coordination and monitoring of the assigned engineering projects, ensuring a consistent approach to customer service. This role is part of the Project Management Department of BIL (Booth Industries Limited) and is a client facing function. The Project Engineer has to ensure that the product supplied to the client complies with the project requirements and fulfil the exact needs of the client. The project engineer is to be the link between engineering and project management, working as a support to the designers. A project engineer must maintain overall project progress, cross functional interaction and tasks of various parties to reduce the overall project risk, identify opportunities, maximizes benefits, and minimize costs. Eventually, the project engineer will be in charge of producing any relevant technical reports or paperwork required by the client throughout the project life cycle.
- Support and co-ordinate any engineering and manufacturing works to ensure the supplied products comply with standards and client’s specifications.
- Produce and ensure that the relevant technical paperwork complies with both Client’s and BIL’s specifications.
- Generate a good working relationship with cross functional stakeholders, the board of management and the clients.
- Support the department/ company in management activities:
- Audit reviews
- Department presentations etc.
- Provide support to the Project Manager by identifying commercial, technical, schedule and contractual changes on the project(s); assess the risks and effectively manage the change process to achieve project and in-turn the business targets
- Ensure that the appropriate project progress reports are generated in accordance to the client’s procedures and contractual requirements
- Coordinate and support internal/external workshops to achieve project goals
- Support the department by generating new or changing existing processes to make the department more efficient, by assisting the responsible Director and Head of Projects to achieve on-going growth, development and profitability of the business.
- Archiving of documentation to an auditable standard.
- Be prepared for National & International travel.
- Degree in Mechanical and Production Biased Engineering discipline.
- 0-3 years of experience within a large company.
- Experience of dealing with clients operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience of working with designers.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management.
- Advanced Microsoft user to include Project and Excel software.
- Strong Communication Skills
- A Full UK driver’s license
Desirable: Experience of NEC3 or similar contract types.
Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
Proven experience in people management.
High exposure to client interfaces & client management experience.
Ability to travel as and when required.
Knowledge of a second language