£35000 - £40000
Client Manager (Multi Site Cleaning)
Full Time Permenant
The position of Client Manager holds responsibility for budget control with the ability to successfully negotiate costs to increase profit margins. In addition they are responsible for developing contracts to meet key business objectives, adhere to timescales, build an effective professional working partnership with Clients, comply with specifications and maintain a reputation to exceed in the delivery of excellent customer services to ensure contract retention. The post holder will manage, motivate and train staff to ensure competency of tasks and adherence to company and legislative policy and procedures.
A sound educational background is required. Suitable and relevant qualifications to the industry would be advantageous.
A practical experience at managerial level, preferably in the cleaning or similar manpower intensive service industry.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• To understand and manage Clients’ expectations within the boundaries of the contract and ensure that the service delivered and management information required by the Client is provided within timelines agreed as per the contract and/or our operating practices.
• Develop and maintain effective client relationships ensuring that regular liaison is maintained Throughout the customer Decision Making Unit (DMU) and that standards audits, KPI’s, SLA’s and management reports reflect the standard of service to their optimum and in line with customer expectation. Building an account management role to gain a full understanding of the client expectations, wants and future development requirements so that we can produce service offers to meet them
• Develop and maintain an effective operational contract management, ensuring compliance with all operational KPI’s, reviewing activity on all contracts regularly and promoting innovation/best practice and service development to deliver best value and generate customer loyalty
• To be responsible for ensuring that all Company KPI targets are adhered to in order that consistent standards across the business are delivered.
• Ensure that an understanding of customer KPI / SLA requirements are known so that accurate information can be provided to deliver customer reports.
• To ensure you know and meet with the Decision Making Unit (DMU) of any contract as required or scheduled by the Regional Director
• To ensure service requirements are adhered to as per schedules set by Line Manager including the quality of standards produced and overall customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that profit and loss targets for each area are delivered through the control of all budgets including wage to charge, materials, and maintenance of equipment.
• To know and understand the Company values and ethos to ensure that this is disseminated throughout the business.
• To ensure that time sheets and other financial documentation are accurate and processed within the required timescales.
• To process variation sales sheets on time, while monitoring cost/profit centres and taking action as necessary (with the approval of the Line Manager).
• To ensure that training targets are met and the relevant forms are completed and submitted for all sites within the specified remit to allow the delivery of contract service requirements and potential one off income within the business needs of the contracts and area under his responsibility
• Ensure the purchase and maintenance of approved cleaning equipment, in conjunction with the Regional Director and contract budgets to meet the needs of the business within his area of responsibility
• To bring all reports of customer dissatisfaction to the attention of the Line Manager and agree actions.
• To manage direct reports, i.e. Area Supervisors and Mobiles, to ensure that cleaning operatives have the tools, training and ability to complete the tasks being asked of them.
• To ensure, that the recruitment of employees, including all necessary induction and skills training, and any necessary administrative procedures are completed within required timescales, to meet the business needs of the contracts and area under his responsibility
• To ensure a thorough investigation or all accidents/ incidents, grievance and disciplinary issues in line with Company procedures with the ability to institute further action if required in line with company procedures as directed by the Regional Director and HR implementing corrective action and training where needed.
• Manage operational activities to ensure they meet with company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, quality management, environmental issues and general duty of care.
• Specialist projects as agreed with Operations Director to support the needs of the Organisation.
• Compliance to company policy, procedures & management reporting timetable.