£16000 - £18000
Apprenticeship Programme Assistant
£18,000 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Our client is a thriving Independent Training Provider who believe passionately in making a difference to the lives of talented young people across the Midlands. They specialise in enabling talented people from different backgrounds and experiences to succeed and do this by enabling access into learning, training and working in creative, digital and marketing roles.
They do this through providing:
• Careers Education and ‘Foot in the Door into ….’ Training courses;
• Apprenticeships in a whole range of different roles, including digital marketers, digital content producers, graphic designers and lighting engineers;
• Training courses in digital, marketing and entrepreneurship skills for those looking to set up, grow or move up in their business.
They work with a variety of employers and help people to find apprenticeship opportunities in creative, digital and marketing roles. As a growing and developing team, they are now seeking a Recruitment Assistant to join their Central Birmingham office.
The Apprenticeship Programme Assistant role will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that all systems and processes are undertaken to the highest possible standard which will in turn enable the apprenticeship programme to run as smoothly as possible.
You will be engaging with graphic designers, photographers, digital marketing enthusiasts and visual engineers to name but a few – both in the shape of learners but also the business owners. Because of this, the team must have the best customer services approach. In this role, confidence is essential along with a keen eye for detail, solution driven thinking and the ability to learn quickly.
• Support apprenticeship programme administration in all areas including the monitoring and maintaining of ongoing relationships with apprentices and employers.
• Work in all areas of the apprenticeship programme and be aware and proactive with regards to timelines and business goals.
• Provide administration support within the office team.
• Support with marketing and social media
• Employer and apprentice communications.
• Continual updating and monitoring of data entry and information management systems.
• Organisation of sessions, events, inductions and exams related to the apprenticeship programme.
• To become highly familiar with the structure of apprenticeships and the level of detail and accuracy that is required to enable the smooth running of the programmes.
• Create learner files and paperwork with learners for every day 1 induction training day including sending out starter information via Salesforce. Prepare and update systems and ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly.
• Learner Day 1 Induction – ensuring that sessions run smoothly and that all paperwork is completed.
• Register Learners on OneFile.
• Update learner files on a regular basis.
• Keep accurate and up to date records using Salesforce and OneFile.
• Register learners with the appropriate awarding bodies for their qualifications - Edexcel, Aim Awards, BIIAB, NCFE.
• Keep accurate electronic and hard copy records of all learners from initial enquiry through to completion and certification.
• Support the organisation of Functional Skills sessions with the Functional Skills Tutor and the Operations Manager.
• Arrange and book exams for functional skills. Distribute exam results to learners, update various data systems to show progress and request examination feedback for individual learners when required.
• Support the monthly data review.
• Process certificate claims and reports.
• Complete learners on ACE and claim full framework certificates.
• To act as cover to the Recruitment Assistant (likewise, the Recruitment Assistant will provide cover to this role). Tasks that may be covered in this area of work will include:
o To keep accurate and up to date records, including the use of excel and Salesforce software.
o Proof read content of job descriptions and upload onto NAS, Creative Alliance and other external sites.
o Action any NAS ‘referrals’ in a timely manner so as to ensure swift recruitment.
o Promote vacancies via social media, ensuring that we are following our employers so as to re tweet any vacancy links.
o Engage in daily conversations on various social media platforms regarding learning, training and working in the creative industries.
o Check applications on NAS for basic eligibility and then progress or decline. Liaise with the team regarding any uncertainties.
o Communicate with employers regarding strong applicants, interviews and follow ups.
o Support the weekly screening sessions. This will include inviting candidates to attend, preparing for and attending the session.
o Arrange interviews as directed.
o Field candidate calls.
o Inform successful / unsuccessful candidates.
o Support the general administrative needs of the business.
o Support the internal and external communications of the company. Preparing emails, letters and reports and answering the telephone and meeting clients and young people.
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• Proven written communication skills – Grade C or above GCSE English, with the ability to write quickly and competently.
• Being flexible and creative when working to a recruitment brief.
• Having a high attention to detail in all written communications.
• Proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to use a range of IT skills software.
• Exceptional skills in relation to data entry – accuracy, attention to detail and initiative.
• Organised, articulate and enthusiastic.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good time keeping.
• Professional in attitude and manner.
• Determined to succeed.
• Flexible to the needs of an ever-changing business.
If you’re looking to develop your skills whilst working for an organisation that prides itself on really making a difference, that is based at the centre of a vibrant community, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested? Please apply today and of our specialist Education consultants will be in touch.